T-Iron Soldering Iron for Dashboard Repair
This is the special T-Iron for replacing BMW pixel cable. Pixel repair (flat cable) is to replace the digital panel, which is within the instrument panel. It is glued with a soldering iron with a tip (T) with the teflon base not to burn the flat cable, . is taken from the old flat cable and sticks to the new with the soldering iron with teflon base. Note: Remember to remove the paper that comes dressed in new flat cable
How to solder
1. Clean the parts to be joined.
2. Clean soldering iron cover and "tin" all faces of tip with a coating of solder.
3. Heat parts (not solder) to be joined.
4. Apply flux-core solder to heated parts, not the soldering cover, and heat it till solder melts and flows freely.
1. A smoke will be normally come out for a short while at initial use.
2. Use with soldering stand to avoid any part of body get burnt.
3. Don't pull the cover away when soldering iron still hot otherwise heating element may be burnt out.
4. Cool down naturally after use.